2012/13 - Senior Grand Finals.
What an incredible day in the club's history. To win 3 Senior XI premierships - 1ST XI, 2ND XI and 3RD XI in the one season truly is a phenomenal effort....of which every player and supporter of our club is extremely proud.
The First XI continued on their merry way under the captaincy of Heath Pyke winning a 5th consecutive premiership. This has never before been achieved in the history of Ballarat cricket.
The Second XI, so capably led by Adam Ridley won its 5th premiership in seven years and like the 3rd XI came from behind on the first innings to win the match. Ash Creelman's fine leadership of the 3rd XI should also be acknowledged.
There were many highlights across the 3 grades but probably the most pleasing aspect was the fact that we had so many younger players scattered throughout the teams. This certainly augers well for continued success into the future,
While each and every player is to be congratulated on this unique achievement, I am sure that all players would agree that our success would not have happened without the wonderful support of our families and friends. Thanks to all who provided off field support and encouragement throughout a long and arduous season.
In conclusion, the following individual performances provide a snapshot of some of the very fine efforts during each of the Grand Finals....
- FIRST XI - Eamon Johnson - 4 for 25, 7 for 60, 43 runs. [match figures of 43.1 overs 12 mdns - 11 for 85]
- David Ellis - 3 for 11
- A.J.Beacham - 3 for 2
- Cole Roscholler 45 and 61 n.o.
- SECOND XI - Dylan Price - 5 for 26 and 2 for 25. [ match figures of 29.1 overs 13 mdns - 7 for 51]
-Tim Beacham - 2 for 45 and 2 for 38 [ match figures of 52 overs 20 mdns - 4 for 83]
- Matt Kosloff - 53.
- Liam Brady - 57 n.o.
- Jack Peeters - 45.
- THIRD XI - Peter Le Leivre - 121.
- Scott Carey - 90 and 46.
- Ash Creelman - 57
- Nick Hynes - 34 and 40 n.o.
- Josh Colbert - 2 for 61 and 4 for 42.[ match figures 32.3 overs, 3 mdns - 6 for 103]
BATTING PARTNERSHIPS -
- FIRST XI - Cole Roscholler and Tom Reece - 80 unbeaten.
- SECOND XI - Matt Kosloff and Dean Jennings - 63.
- Liam Brady and Jack Peeters - 86.
- THIRD XI - Peter Le Leivre and Scott Carey - 178
- Jesse Mannington and Scott Carey - 66.
- Ash Creelman and Brodie Price - 89
- Nick Hynes and Cam Bishop - 63 unbeaten.